Horror Genre & Tollywood

Posted by Anusha Mallampati 0 Comments

image courtesy of wikipedia

Recently horror seems to be a genre many are interested in after the stupendous success of Arundathi. An attempt to such success is Aa Intlo, which released six months after Arundathi.

After watching both the movies, I realized something. I refuse to watch any ghostly movies in Hollywood out of fear, yet these Tollywood movies seemed nothing to me. I wonder why? I think I know the reason now. No, it is not because of the difference in quality of the movies.

I think it is because of the actors playing the roles of ghosts. In Arundathi and Aa Intlo, I was highly familiar with the actors playing the roles that are supposed to make me feel uncomfortable and scared. Such familiarity is destroying the horror in the movies. If movie makers chose unfamiliar people for their ghosts it might just be possible to create fear through their movies.

Quality of the makeup might also play a major role. I remember laughing at the ghosts in Arundathi as I thought they looked like they just dipped their head is some powder bowl. Movie makers has put so much effort into the graphics of the castle and everything else in the movie, I wonder why they didn’t bother making the actors that played the role of ghosts a bit more scarier with graphics.

It is just a thought for the future Tollywood movies in the genre of Horror.

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment