Old is Gold - in Movies too?

Posted by Anusha Mallampati 0 Comments


"Old is Gold". One may have heard this saying quite a few times in their life. Regardless of how many new things one is introduced to, they always tend to like things they grew up with. Why? I think it is because childhood is when ones character is established; it is also when ones likes and dislikes are formed, which could change later, but that is a different story.

My parents grew up watching NTR and ANR, black and white movies. Such movies interest my parents greatly. They showed me movies like Missamma, Mayabazar, Gundamma Katha and so on. Ignoring the fact that these movies are black and white and are with chubby actors, I liked these movies immensely.

Something that occurred to me recently is how differently the actors are portrayed in the old movies compared to the latest ones. Another thing I was thinking about is why multi-starrer movies are such a big deal in recent years when it wasn't back then, especially when stars like NTR and ANR are claimed to be legendary stars. They didn't have a problem with acting together back then, but people now have their ego, prestige, politics or whatever to act with another star.

What has changed to make the circumstances different? It shows how we might have degraded as human beings, as we think we are above the other or is it inferiority complex?

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I want to understand what is going on. I might be missing something to understand today's film industry situation.

Here is video that gives us a taste of what we can achieve with multi-starrer movies:

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment