Magadheera v. Ye Maaya Chesave  
or should I say 
Ram Charan v. Nag Chaitanya?


I find it awkward comparing these two movies. When Magadheera came out they were are comparing Magadheera with Josh. How about now?


I watched Magadheera around 3 times, after that there is nothing more to it. However, I have watched YMC 3 times, and feel like I can watch it a few more times.

While the plus points for Magadheera are Charan, Rajamouli, Story and Sets, the plus points for YMC are Jesse character, Menon, and Story. Who's missing? Chaitu. He is not a negitive effect to the movie, but not much of a positive aspect either.

However, if one were to compare the performances of Charan and Chaitu in their second movies, they are considerably different. Even though, they both improved a lot in their second movies. Charan is more watchable on screen compared to Chaitu; reason being the looks and the dances. The scope of the charecters are different as well; therefore, the comparison might not be fair. One positive thing Chaitu has over Charan is the variety of characters he can play. With Chirutha and Magadheera, Charan limited himself to a characters with seriousness, much hype, and mass/action. On the other hand, Chaitu is free to play any role he can. In his first movie, Josh, he played a serious, mass/action role. In YMC, he played the role of a lover boy, without any hype.

So who is better? and Which movie is better?

Charan and Chaitu are unique in their own way. I would vote for Charan for looks and dances and Chaitu for the roles he played.

When in comes to picking the movie, I would pick Ye Maaya Chesave over Magadheera because the story of YMC is in a way that it can be watched multiple times without getting bored.

1 Response so far.

  1. Completely agree with you. I watched Magadheera 5 times so far(3 in Theater + 2 in DVD). Thats not because of only movie. As I am also a big fan of Chiru(that might be impact to watch more times).

    But when I watch in DVD, I observed Charan as a critic. His biggest advantage is very good in Dance and Serious action. But he is lack of COMEDY easeness unlike his father.He didn't act well in Romance scenes.I guess he will improve. And his HEIGHT is also -ve point but he can NOT change that (:-

    I watched Josh n YMC as well. But in both movies, he doesn't show any JOSH on his face. Its so dull to attract audience. But he improved his action in 2nd movie. He has to IMPROVE a lot in many things other than just looks.

    YMC -- I can total credit went to Samantha/Gowtham(I like him very much since his Kaka Kakka) with AR Rehman's music.

    What do you say?

Post a Comment